Once you’ve decided on the perfect stone, the next step is to consider how it will be set into your custom engagement ring. Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to setting the gemstone.
- Prong Setting: This is a classic option for setting gemstones. A prong is a small metal claw that holds the stone securely in place. Prongs are usually placed at each corner of the stone or sometimes on each edge. Prong setting is brilliant for displaying the stone since it lets more light into it, creating a more vibrant look.
- Bezel Setting: A bezel is a thin band of metal that wraps around the gemstone to cover its edges entirely. The stone sits right at the top of the metal and the rim, which can be decorated with intricate designs. Bezel playing, as compared to prong, provides more protection for the stone but reduces the amount of light exposure.
- Tension Setting: Tension engagement ring settings will hold the stone in place by exerting pressure to hold it between two metal bands. In tension setting, no part of the metal touches the gemstone, so more light can enter the stone, resulting in extra brilliance.
- Channel Setting: Channel setting is one of the most secure ways of setting gemstones because it sets the stone into the band of the ring by placing it inside of the channel. The channel is then secured in place by using a series of prongs that hold the gemstone in place.
- Pavé Setting: A pavé setting, which means paved, is made by embedding small stones into the band. In this setting, small stones are placed into tiny holes in the metal. This creates the illusion that the ring is all-diamonds when it is not.
In conclusion, selecting the ideal gemstone for a custom engagement ring is only half of the daring adventure. Deciding how to connect the stone to complete the ring is just as crucial in creating an exquisite-looking ring. Furthermore, custom engagement rings uk are ultimately tailored to suit your preferences. It is essential to consider individual preferences when choosing gemstone settings. Trust your jeweller to offer sound advice based on your preferred choice of metal, alongside your lifestyle, budget, and desired look. talk about shit huy cuong • talk about shit • 2022